About Me

My photo
Born at the age of 4 in a woodcutter’s cottage in the Black Forest sometime next year, I’m a student at Leeds Met University studying Project Management. Despite the absolute lack of creative freedom, it’s alright and I’m quite good at it I suppose. Leeds Met is often referred to as ‘the other one’ in relation to its more distinguished cousin but I like to think it’s not important. We are all students of Leeds. I’m not an absolute ‘rah’ and I’m not a complete ‘spaz-tard’ – I’m very happily sandwiched in-between, all warm and snug. Anywho. I digress. I enjoy many things in life, from the humble Jaffa Cake and social intoxication to music and my attempts of being a ‘lad’. The idea of blogging has long been wandering aimlessly in my less-than-average sized head. During my previous life jumping when Yorkshire Water clapped, I put together a monthly newsletter which people seemed to like. So. Possessing a half decent grasp of the written word and the occasional tendency to be a bit of a douche, I thought ‘blogging’ could be a hoot. Enjoy. P.S. I must credit the late John Peel who I based my whole ‘born at the age of four...’ intro. Kudos, John. Kudos.

Monday 27 September 2010

Who Would Live in a Club Like This?

Despite the all-too-quick onset of nippy Autumn time, it's so, so good to have Leeds buzzing with students once again.

I hope some of the new students read my pretty ill-informative men's fashion article which was published last Monday in the Leeds Met student newspaper, Leeds On. It got a pretty decent reaction so I was quite chuffed...although it was a bit silly.

I must admit, I thought I was going to have a shocker of a Freshers Week with facing the potent and often harmful combination of early mornings and the required 8 hours of intense, daily concentration. Alas, I was wrong.

After a lovely football/curry weekend at home-home, I returned to Hogwarts via an evening at the Hyde Park with a crowd including Dan Pittaway, Holly Andrews, Emily Callendar and Amy Alford whom I have missed like a motherbitch.

Monday was a bit of a fail. I was like, totally psyched to go see Silver Hips DJ at the Leeds Met Freshers Party with 5ive (well, two of 'em) and Diana Knickers but with Liam's guesty full, a £17.50 admission fee was out of t'question.

I actually managed a night out on Tuesday, making it down for a smashing evening at Faversham for Moustache. Despite the hoot I blatantly was having, I was a smidge disappointed with the weight of the music...it just wasn't heavy enough. Bah. I had thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much fun though.

Wednesday was a special day. Having been stood up for a date (with a girl), I called Andy Wightman to learn of his whereabouts and went to meet him at the G8's Bridge and Bodge's new gaff. Here, the girls of significant characteristic, teeth and hair qualities prepared a delicious Lebanese chicken dinner for the four of us. We were reaching levels of civilisation that had never before been reached in Hyde Park. It was proper nice. We went t'Brudenell afterwards for a nice drink.

After a night in on Thursday, filled with 3 episodes of Black Books, 2 episodes of Absolutely Fabulous and Four Lions (Loved. It.), it was time to re-embark on the Cockpit with Alan, Andy Fairweather, Bridge, Bodge, Adam and Si.

Adam and Si have been somewhat heroic through Freshers Week. With Si in a similar position to myself (he too has a work placement at university), you might have expected him to take it easy and make sure he's in good form for work the next day. However. Si's not only a Scouser, he is a lad and he braved it out with Adam every night - from Saturday to Saturday. Fully. Blown. Lads.

It was the main event on Saturday night. Waxopolis finnaly arrived with Doorly, Toddla T, Krafty Kuts, Nero, Fake Blood, Calvin Harris (ahem) and Eskimo Twins providing the soundtracks to our night. Despite even going as far as drawing a picture of Calvin Harris being hanged at work, his electro set was really impressive and the numerous Alvin Horace's in the crowd made good entertainment. It was an amazing night with each and every one of us on good form - not least Andy Wightman. His antics on the walk back to Bridge and Bodge's in particular will stay in my little head for a long time.

Back at Bridge and Bodge's, we drank tea, laughed some more and began my 15 hour stay in a onesie. Good work everyone.

I'm sat here with the strange and slightly embarrassing feeling of being the last member of staff in the office and with starting work at the MGMT gig tonight in 15 minutes, I think I best get out of here.

Love love x

No comments:

Post a Comment